Sole Trader Support Fund
Applications are now open for the Sole Trader Support Fund in Victoria. A one off grant of $3000 is available to sole traders who operate a business in an eligible sector and meet the other eligibility criteria.
- Operate a business within Victoria
- Be a sole trader with no employees*
- Operate from a commercial premises or location (and not a residential premises) for at least six months as a:
- Tenant, or
- Licensee, or
- Owner/occupier of a fixed commercial premises, or
- Operator of a registered ‘mobile food premises’ (e.g. a food van) with a permit or commercial agreement to operate at specific location(s)
- Be a participant in the Commonwealth Government’s JobKeeper Payment scheme
- Be registered for Goods and Services Tax (GST)
- Hold an Australian Business Number (ABN).
*‘No employees’ means you are not registered with WorkSafe Victoria for WorkCover Insurance and do not employ anyone other than yourself or employ someone on a casual basis and pay less than $7,500 in annual salary.
The following business are not eligible
- Businesses who have received a grant under the Business Support Fund, Business Support Fund-Expansion, Business Support Fund 3 or Licensed Hospitality Venue Fund programs
- Businesses that are trusts, companies or partnerships
- Non-employing sole traders who do not operate from a commercial premises or location
- Non-employing sole traders in metropolitan Melbourne who are able to open with a COVIDSafe Plan in the First Step in the ‘How we work in metropolitan Melbourne’ roadmap
- Non-employing sole traders in metropolitan Melbourne operating in sectors for whom restrictions are easing in the Second Step in the ‘How we work in metropolitan Melbourne’ roadmap
- Non-employing sole traders in regional Victoria who are able to reopen with a COVIDSafe Plan in the Second Step in the ‘How we work in regional Victoria’ roadmap.
- ABN, which must be linked to the correct ANZSIC Classification of their primary business.
- Most recent JobKeeper Business Monthly Declaration Receipt ID or Enrolment ID generated from the Australian Taxation Office’s business portal which shows that the business has received a payment.
- Evidence of commercial premises or location as listed below:
- If they are a tenant – a current commercial rental agreement of six months or longer.
- If they are a licensee – a current commercial lease or similar agreement of six months or longer.
- If they are an owner/occupier of a fixed commercial premises – a 2019-20 or 2020-21 Municipal Rates Notice
- If they are a registered ‘mobile food premises’ – Streatrader Statement of Trade and a current Roadside Trading Permit issued by a Local Government, VicRoads or other commercial agreement to use a particular location(s) for at least six months.
Applicants must ensure that their ABN registration information and, where required, registration with ASIC or other relevant regulator, is up-to-date at the time of application.
Applicants with incomplete or incorrect information may experience delays and follow up requests to complete their application. In some instances, this may result in an ineligible assessment. Please ensure you complete the application correctly and provide the correct documentation.
Applications will remain open until funds are exhausted.
Information can be found at Business Victoria.